Act 1 : Waking the King
- Get small key no. 1 from vase in Bassano antechamber.
- Speak to Lebrun and offer to look for his sketches.
- Take scissors and pamphlet A (on the arts) from the two wardrobes.
- Go to small bedroom, use scissors on casket and take paper from inside.
- Use paper on candle to reveal first fable (The Hen and her Chicks).
- Speak to usher in King's bedchamber.
Act 2 : From Rising to Council
- Speak with Bontemps in King's bedchamber.
- Speak to usher at entrance to bedchamber of Marquise de Maintenon and give him the message given to you by Bontemps,
then show him pamphlet A (on the arts). He will give you pamphlet B (on royal lineage).
- Show revealed message to Bontemps and take key and candle from cupboard to left of bed.
- Use key to open one of twin cabinets in Bassano antechamber. Take sketch folder.
- Go to see Monseigneur in King's salon and show him the sketches, do the same thing with Lebrun in Salon of War.
- Place fake sketch on small table near Lebrun, take paintbrush, dip it in gold paint and paint sketch in order to reveal second fable (The Hawk and the Little Birds).
- Speak to Bontemps who awaits you outside Salon of War and give him sketch.
Act 3 : From Council to Mass
- In Salon of Abundance speak to Swiss guard posted at entrance to Cabinet of Curiosities.
- Take charcoal pencil and paper in Salon of War.
- Click on small door of Salon of Apollo. (*Hidden door at corner of wall)
- Take billiard cue in Salon of Diana (optional: to get pamphlet C, hidden near painting in Salon of Mars).
- Speak to Swiss guard posted at Ambassadors' Staircase in order to get key to small door of Salon of Apollo. (*at bottom of staircase)
- Open this door and go to music stand, take musical score, give it to Lully and do as he says, not forgetting to then get small key no. 2 from cabinet in Salon of Mars.
- Get musical score which Lully has decoded (The Cat and the Rats).
- Give musical score to Bontemps in royal courtyard and get authorization to enter Cabinet of Curiosities.
- In Cabinet of Curiosities, click on drawer, then use paper and charcoal pencil on medals (reproductions of medals).
- In Salon of Diana, show reproduction of medals to Monseigneur, then to the Marquis de Croissy in Salon of Apollo.
- Speak to second Swiss guard in Salon of Abundance.
Act 4 : Dinner
- Go to the office of the Marquis de Croissy in ministers' wing and give him the collation which you have already got from the valet in Queen's Staircase.
- Look at desk, take quill and use it on epigraph document, then click on each letter in the order indicated by pamphlet B (The Wolf and the Statue).
- Take pamphlet D (on government) from bookshelf to right of desk.
- Show epigraph and pamphlet D to Bontemps in Hall of Guards.
- Go to Louvois' office (opposite Croissy's), take memo from desk drawer, also telescope, and examine strong-box low on
wall to left.
- Go back to speak with Bontemps.
- Listen to the conversation between the Prince de Conde and the Duc de Duras in order to get first date (1643).
- Go to Hall of Mirrors, use telescope twice on activated zone on ceiling in order to get the other two dates (1674 and 1668).
- The three dates give the combination of the strong-box in Louvois' office.
- Take Vauban's plans and lay them on top of the plan on Croissy's desk (The Swan and the Stork). Then give pamphlet E
(on religion), which the Marquise de Maintenon has given you, to Bontemps.
Act 5 : The King at Work
- Go into sacristy(*vestry right rear door in church) , take engraving, small key no. 3 and cord.
- (* on the way to Bontemps - look at plans on billiard table in the Salon of Diana) Speak to Bontemps in Salon of Venus.
- Return to sacristy and speak to Pere de la Chaize, show him pamphlet E on religion.
- Follow his instructions, (*On the second meeting the additional clue is the engraving) then take pamphlet E to Bontemps. (*talk to Bontemps and get fable Dragon & the Fly)
- Go to Salon of War, (* if there is a Swiss guard in room then you have not gone through all the required steps) use cord on curtain, take ladder and put it against scaffolding and climb up to examine document in chandelier.
- Speak to Bontemps in order to get keys to garret.(* go through hidden door in the Salon of Apollo)
- In garret, activate mechanism to make chandelier fall, take memorandum from fallen chandelier and give to Bontemps (*
talk to him first)
Act 6 : The Promenade in the Gardens
- Take tool from ground beside orange tree.
- Take medicine from Apothecary's
- Speak to Le Notre.
- Go into maze in garden and find the Duc du Maine.
- Walk around garden and come back to see him.
- Give him the medicine and take map of maze from bench.
- Take the list of fables (which Bontemps has given you) and note the number of each one as indicated on map of maze, then arrange them in numerical order:
- 1- The Cat and the Rats
- 2- The Dragon and the File
- 3- The Crane and the Fox
- 4- The Hen and her Chicks
- 5- The Hawk and the Little Birds
- 6- The Frogs and Jupiter
- 7- The Swan and the Stork
- 8- The Wolf and the Statue
- Now consult each fable in turn, referring to indications in memorandum and build the sentence " It is not in the power of kings to attain perfection ".
(* I went through the maze twice, once in the order shown on the map, once in the numerical order of the fables - you will meet Bontemps on the way out of the maze)
Act 7 : From Supper to Bedtime
- Take candle snuffer from Salon of King.
- Take small key no. 4 from one of orange tree tubs in Hall of Mirrors. (* use rake)
- In Bassano antechamber, use candle on fire in fireplace, then on door and up to the attic to find the bomb.
- Use candle snuffer to take it down, then introduce keys no. 1 to 4 in each of the locks starting at left.
- Click on bomb then, in order to defuse it, enter the sentence: " It is not in the power of kings to attain perfection ".
- GO TO VERSAILLES
Thanks for passing by! Visitors so far: 000136