Cheats & walkthrough
The following cheats will only work after you finish the game once. Type "309newdorma" from any area of the game. Start a saved game. Once started, select save from the menu. Erase the name of one of your saved games and type in either "hello sailor" or "chloe."
- You begin the game in a barren landscape facing the Temple. Walk towards the temple and go up the stairs. Walk around the building to your right and enter the open door.
- Click on the casket and then on the candle to the left.
- Walk around the back of the building until you can travel towards the large temple doors. Once at the doors, you may click your cursor upwards and then on to the plaque. As stated on the plaque, you must join the sun and the moon.
- Click on the left door panel and then on the knocker. Lift the moon shaped knocker up so that it touches the sun plate (hold down your mouse in order to do this). The door will open and you will find yourself inside the temple.
- Walk around to the open hallway with pillars. Walk down the hallway to your right and then straight again. Now go through the open door to the outside "balcony."
- Click on the sun dial object and take the rod. The rod will become your cursor (use your right mouse button to scroll through available cursors and inventory items).
- Exit the balcony through the door which is directly opposite the "sun dial" (you will see a picture of a woman on the wall on the inside). This picture acts as your hint system. Click on any puzzle inside the temple and then on this picture to receive hints. This feature only works inside the temple and not on the other worlds.
- Go up the stairs to your right. There are four "stasis" chambers surrounding you in this room. These are the four alchemists. Click on each one a few times t receive information. Also click on the head piece of each chamber to see what the corresponding elemental symbols are.
- Now go back down the stairs and exit this room.
- Walk straight through the courtyard, towards the door you initially came through when you entered the temple. The open door to the library will be on the left.
- Go into the library and read all available books.
- Walk up to the large panels at the far end of this room. Click on the left side of the first panel, the right side of the second panel, the right side of the third panel and the left side of the fourth panel.
- Rotate the figure on the door so that his head is aligned with the ( (triangle) symbol. The door will open.
- Now place the rod into the opening in this dial. Place your cursor over the rod (hold down the button) and rotate the dial until the shadow is over the symbol for fire.
- Go through the door which has just opened. Immediately to your right will be a mirror which you must pick up.
- You will notice six hooks hanging from the ceiling. Hang the mirror on the first hook (far left). You will see the reflection of a candle with a blue flame. You must now click on the candle which corresponds to this reflection.
When you turn around it should be the 12th candle on the first full row to the left of the door. Now click on the blue flame.
- Click the fir into the dial - You will now be able to click on the crypt/chamber of the alchemist (from your current position) to receive a message.
- Now walk around the left side of the alter. Go up the stairs with the grill in the middle. Go through the left door.
Here you will find a mask with a flute-like instrument (on the right) and an intricate waterfall structure on the left. Click on the mask and listen carefully to the tune it plays.
Now click on the waterfall structure. There are seven ports on the structure, each will play a different note when clicked. You must now recreate the tune which the mask just played. Click on the 1st, 4th and 5th ports to solve the puzzle.
- turn back around and head up the left staircase.
- Examine all of the pictures in this room.
- Now click on the blue, hourglass object in the center of the room. It will turn into a chair.
- The chair acts as somewhat of a transporter or time machine. Sit down in the chair and spin around to the left. You will notice that the window behind you will change to reflect different settings.
Keep spinning until you get to the scene with the hand saw. Take the saw and continue spinning until you get to the winter scene. Use the saw to cut the large icicle into the bowl. Have a look in the bowl. Now spin to the right (examining the bowl at each turn). The ice will melt at the volcanic, summer scene. Click on the water.
- Now click the water into the dial and them click on the alchemist to receive a message.
- Travel around the right side of the alter. Follow through into the open door (you will see pillars). Walk in as far as you can and lower your cursor. Click on the map. The object of the puzzle is to make only the blue stars glow.
- This is simply a matter of clicking different blue and purple stars until only the blue ones are left glowing. Once completed, a staircase will lower from the ceiling.
- Travel up this staircase. You will see an odd looking machine in front of you. Go around to the right side of it and click on the black "cricket" to close the room's windows.
Now go back to the controls. To solve the puzzle to must correctly set the levers. The first lever is locked. The second lever should be set to half. The third lever should be set to full. The fourth lever should be set to full and the fifth lever should be off.
- Click on the sphere.
- Now click the whirling air into place on the dial and then click the alchemist.
- Go around the left side of the alter. Travel through to the locked door with skeleton hands. Two fingers must be exposed in order to open the door. Open the first and sixth fingers to open the door.
- Click on the lever at the staircase. Go through the door once you descend. Click on the telescope. Now turn around and go up the small set of stairs. There will be a control unit and a small mining car. Click on the top, right symbol of the control unit and then on the car. Go up the stairs and click on the skull object.
- Click the earth into place on the dial. The alchemists will speak to you together.
- The alchemists will give the Nemesis a jolt and your cursor will become a golden sphere.
- Go around the to the back side of the alter and down into the domed shaped structure (planetarium).
- Push the right-hand control lever up and to the right. Place your sphere into the arm and push the right control lever all the way up. You may now use the left control dial to travel to four different "worlds" in order to obtain the four metal which you seek.
- As you turn the dial, you will hear four pings. Each ping indicates a valid position for travel. They are in (approximately) the 9:00 o'clock, 10:00 o'clock, 2:00 o'clock and 3:00 o'clock positions.
- This walkthrough will follow a clockwise sequence. Although it does not matter which world you travel to first, I would suggest starting at the 9:00 o'clock position.
- Rotate the dial to the 9:00 o'clock position and let go.
- You will see a planet behind you. Clicking on the planet will send you back to the temple. This feature is the same in all worlds.
- Walk through the opening to the left of the planet. There will be a coin on the ground. Pick it up.
- Now go back through the openings and up all of the stairs. You will find the front door locked. There is a small passage way in the ground to the right of the door. Go into it.
- You are now inside. To the right is a donation box. Insert your coin (zorkmid) into it. You will be presented with six marker cards. These symbols (not what they say) are important clues to the next puzzle.
- Walk straight ahead where you will see six heads mounted on the walls.
- There are also four basins here which contain a total of eight symbol markers. Collects only the six which match the ones which were shown to you at the donation box (see above). Use your right mouse button to scroll and collect these markers.
- Position yourself so that you are looking straight ahead (staircase on both sides). Turn to your left and, starting with the first head, place the markers into the slots under the heads in the shown order.
Once completed, the heads will speak to you in order. Make a note about the order in which they speak. It is an important clue to a future puzzle.
- Now go up the right-hand staircase and through the closed door (movie clip). In the room off to the right, there is a grate in the floor. Click on the grate a couple of times and then on the piece of paper. This is an important clue to a future puzzle.
The characters on the right correspond to the letters on the left. You will need the code for the word "open" later (the first symbol on the second line, the first symbol on the first line, the last symbol on the third line and the second symbol on the second line).
- Exit this room and go straight ahead into the tower room. You'll see a wooden, spiral staircase.
- Go up the stairs and through the door which is behind the large machine. Alexandria's room is on the right. Explore her room carefully to gain information and background. Now exit her room and go through the closed door at the end of the hall.
- Explore this room carefully and take the magnifying glass which is on top of a book on the right-hand counter. Click on the hookah for a video clip.
- Now exit this section and go back to the machine at the top of the stairs.
- You will see a chart on the wall. The code for the seventh bell is missing. You must enter the code for the seventh bell into the machine. The symbols must be entered in the sequence spoken to you by the heads. The code is:
- Now click on the machine and enter the code. A top will lower from the ceiling.
- When you click on the rope, you will be pulled upwards. You must jump through the window while you are in the up position. Do so by clicking on the window (you must be very quick).
- Once outside, walk down and enter the bedroom.
- Make a note of the picture above the bed. It is an important clue to a future puzzle (Blue, Yellow, Red, Orange, White).
- Look at the photo and medallion on the small table by the door (video clip). Explore this room carefully for information. The book on the left bookcase is the trigger to the secret door (do not open the passage yet).
- Place your magnifying glass on top of the book on the bed. Now look at it. This is an important clue to a future puzzle. The skulls are positioned in the 6, 9, 5, 7 and 3 o'clock positions.
- Go through the secret passage by clicking on the book in the left bookcase.
- Go up the staircase to the left and then follow the hallway around to the left until you get to the study room.
- You will see many books on podiums. Read all available books to get background information and a video clip.
- Go through the door and the back left side of this room. Walk straight ahead to the dial I the center of the room.
- Spell out the word "open" by clicking on the appropriate buttons (see above for solution).
- The small gate (which is directly behind you) has opened. Click on the gate to go downstairs.
- Click on the covered "basin" object in front of you. To turn off the security system and open the secret passage, you must click on the systems buttons.
- Now take the ruby from Yoruk's Shield (beside the snake statue) and the unlit Torch of Endless Fire.
- Go through the secret floor passage in front of the covered, control basin.
- Click on each of the mummies twice to hear what they have to say.
- SAVE YOUR GAME HERE!
- Go down the stairs to the right and through the door with the open gate. Light your torch by clicking it on the one on the wall. Walk into the darkness of this room and place your torch into the holder on the right wall.
- Open the casket, go inside and close the lid. Click your ruby on the inside of the casket's lid. Take the shield and exit.
- Go back up the stairs and into the room with the lava floor. A wall of fire will appear when you go in.
- Click your shield on the wall of fire.
- To your right, at the end of the passage, will be five skulls. You must turn them so that they match the positions of the ones seen in the book.
The position are: First skull is O.K., second skull to 9 o'clock, third skull to 5 o'clock, fourth skull to 7 o'clock and the fifth skull to 3 o'clock.
- A door will open behind you. Go through it.
- To your left will be a gold key, piece of silver and a book. Read the book.
- Now click on the control lever beside the egg shaped, silver machine. Place your piece of silver inside. Now click on the small access panel and insert your key. You may now pull the lever to close and operate the machine. Retrieve your metal ball from the machine.
- Go back to the machine which is towards the door and place your ball of metal into the machines basket. Now click on the counter weights to dunk your ball.
- Take you ball and go back around to the opposite side of the room. There is a console here with a wheel. Turn the wheel to allow the lava to flow.
- Under the lions head are five flames. Set them to the same colors as the ones seen in the bedroom. From top to bottom they are: Blue, Yellow, Red, Orange, White (white look more like purple).
- Place you ball into the lions mouth. The molten metal will flow out. Cool it down with a blast of air. Click on your metal.
- Click the metal into the dial. Click the center to watch a video. Click on the alchemist.
- Go back to the planetarium and set the control to the 10 o'clock position.
- Go into the conservatory and look at the wall picture at the far side of the room at the foot of the stairs. The picture indicates the proper position of various instruments of the orchestra.
- Now click on the stage, lower your cursor and pick up all eight instruments.
- Continue through the closed door beside the picture and then straight through to the back of the room.
- Go into the office and take the tuning fork from the small box on the table to the right.
- Sit down at the piano, place the fork into its holder and listen to the note it makes when clicked. Play the note on the piano. It should be the 16th white key from the right - you will hear something drop.
- Go around to the back of the piano and take the key from inside.
- Sit down at the desk and insert the key into the lamp. Turn on the lamp to reveal important instructions on the desk blotter which will be used later.
- Explore the drawers of the desk for information.
- There is an assortment of records beside the table. Take the "Introduction to the Orchestra" and "Alexandria's Debuts Album."
- Click on the book "On Music and Perfection" so that you will know what four of the orchestral instruments look like (they are also pictured in your game manual).
- Exit and go back through the door labeled "practice."
- Click on the phonograph machine. Place the "Intro. to the Orchestra" album on the turn table and wind it up a few times. The switch at the bottom of your screen is the on/off switch. The switch above it (which is hard to see) is the forward/reverse switch.
- Turn the machine on by clicking the bottom button. Listen to the information.
- Now wind it up again, flick the reverse switch and play the record backwards.
- Remove the record and replace it with "Alexandria's" album. Pay special attention to the closing fanfare. It is an import clue to a future puzzle. The instruments (in order) which are played during the fanfare are : Popperkeg, Nambino, Popperkeg, Wertmizer and Violin.
- Now click on the stage again and place the instruments on the appropriate chairs according to their proper position in the orchestra. Note that two chairs occupy one position.
- Once completed, you will hear a message regarding notes. They are import clues to a future puzzle. The sacred notes are: C, D, E, B, G.
- Go through the door again and up the two flights of stairs.
- Go into the dorm bedroom. Alexandria's bed is at the far end of this room. Click on the scrap book which is on her bed and take the last page from the book.
- Explore the books on her table and the music box on her dresser. Lower your cursor and click on the floor boards to get information (various papers).
- Exit this room and go into Sophia's bedroom. Read the letters on her dresser.
- Click on the bathtub behind the divider to get a video clip. Read the book on the day bed.
- Go back downstairs and click your poster (from the scrap book) over the billboard with the same picture (at the foot of the stairs).
- Go to the ticket booth and take the ticket. Read what it says.
- Now go into the auditorium (large double door to the side) by clicking your ticket on the door. You are in box "C."
- Go up the auditorium stairs, turn around to your left then up another flight of stairs. Go into the door marked "C" and sit down. Click on the opera glasses.
- Go back downstairs and into the main auditorium room. Some guy will want to hear the concluding fanfare played.
- At this point you may want to turn your monitor's brightness up somewhat.
- Walk up onto the stage, pick up the baton from the podium and conduct the fanfare. Refer to the chart of orchestral positions. To play the fanfare click on the position for the Popperkeg, Nambino, Popperkeg, Wertmizer and Violin.
- Go through the stage door when the lights come on.
- Read the note which is on top of a crate to the left.
- You will notice an opening in the backdrop curtain. Your objective is to open this section to create a passage into a back room from where you may a secret lab.
- Go into the small control room. Look at the clip board to the right. Each photo represents a backdrop. You must make the fifth backdrop come down behind the first in order to create the opening.
Start the machine (big button) and then use the blue button to control the backdrops. Note that the first button is fried. Press the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th buttons. Go through the passage.
- Once through, go down the stairs.
- Click on the swan and crank the lever. Slide into the pool. You will crash through the floor.
- Lower your cursor and click on the manhole in the floor then on the locket.
- SAVE YOUR GAME HERE!
- You must go into the water to retrieve the locket.
- Lower your cursor, grab the locket and then click on the door. You must hurry to avoid drowning.
- You are now in the lab. Look at the map on the wall behind you. Each crystal on the map is related to a single sacred note. The crystal for the note "G" is not on the map. You will create this crystal later.
- Go through the door into the boiler room.
- Click the gauges on the wall. Now click your locket onto the second gauge to hold it open.
- Go back into the crystal room through the door.
- There is a hole in the wall with green crystals. Take one.
- Now click on the green crystal statue and take the disk. Throw the disk into the bubbling vat in the center of this room followed by your green crystal. No go get another disk form the statue and throw it in too. You have now created you "G" note crystal.
- Refer back to the wall map and play (click) the crystal in the sacred order (i.e. C, D, E, B, G).
- C and D are by the hole with the green crystals. B is just past the green statue structure (not the one beside it). G is the center crystal.
- Retrieve the metal from the center vat.
- Click the metal into place on the dial, click the center for a video and then on the alchemist.
- Go back to the planetarium and set the control to the 2 o'clock position.
- Click the lever to go down.
- Go down the stairs to the first landing then up the other set of stairs to Kaine's bedroom.
- Click on the desk in this room. Open the left hand drawer and take the nitro. Read the note which states that "three are blind and two can see." This refers o the suits of armor in the castle.
- Look in the other drawer to find a picture and some letters. There is also a letter stuck on the spike and another stuck with a dagger. There are also notes, letter, photos, books etc. on either side of the locked door in this room, on the night stands and on the bed.
- Click on the chest at the foot of the bed. It is locked. Now click your nitro on the chest. Look at the maps and the letters. The red map holds important information to a future puzzle. (Notice the shackles on the bed!)
- Exit the bedroom and go up the stairs to your right. Pass the games room and go down the other side.
- Go into the other bedroom (Lucien's). Read the letters on the desk. Click on the small table beside the paint easel (video clip). Now click on the easel. Pick up the paint brush and uncover the message by holding down you mouse button and rubbing it over the canvas. These are the radio codes. They are: 1-Build bridge, 2-Ambush, 3-Dig trenches, 4-Latrine cleaning, 5-Coup d'etate, 6-Infiltrate and destroy, 7-Serve mess, 8-Burn and pillage, 9-Split the troops, 10-Distraction, 11-Drop thaddium and 12-Verify message.
- Now go to the wardrobe by the bed. Lower your cursor, read the note and take the gun powder.
- Exit this room and go downstairs to the main floor.
- Go through the door on the center wall under the stairs.
- To your left is a broken sword handle. Take it. Walk to the fire place in this room and click your sword handle to the end of the blade on the mantel (video clip). Take the sword and exit the room.
- Click on the large door directly in front of you on the center wall. You will see a movie clip with an old soldier.
- Go into the door passage at the foot of the stairs. There is a gray suit of armor here. Click on him and place your sword in his side holder. The door behind you will open.
- Go inside and make a note of the stained glass figures. You objective will be to adjust all of the face masks of the suits of armor to match those displayed in the glass (i.e. opened or closed). Remember that three are blind and two can see.
- Open the face mask of the suit at the foot of the stairs with a "red skirt."
- Close the face mask of the suit outside of Kaine's bedroom (has a wire type mask).
- Open the face mask of the suit outside of Lucien's bedroom (has a blue mohawk style head piece).
- You will hear a passage door open somewhere in the castle. It is the passage into the dungeon which is inside the room with the stained glass (weapons museum room).
- Go to the dungeon and look at the drawing on the walls of the open cell. Go into the torture room. Click on all of the torture devices to get more information about the radio codes.
- Go back into the room where you found the sword. To your right is a dog shaped "statue." This is actually a cannon. Click on the dog and then on its ear. Now click on his behind (not the tail).
Go inside and deposit your gunpowder. Exit, close his behind and pull his tail. The bones will be projected across the room and will provide you with a passage into another room.
- Go into this new room. You will notice six display tables here. Starting from the left, click on each one and then on each of the read buttons inside to get information about war strategies etc. Skip table number five. That is the radio communication table (battle in progress).
- Now open the fifth table and relay your battle plan to the old soldier by entering the appropriate radio codes. The code should be 10, 1, 9, 6, 12. This code is printed on the inside, front cover of your game manual.
- Go back upstairs to the games room. Look at the sign on the wall by the pool table. Note the "fishing in the desert" entry.
Click on the pool table. Press button #3 and then button #5. Look at the ball recovery bay (on the side of the table) after the shot is made. Make a note of the numbers shown. This is an important clue to a future puzzle.
- The code is 7, 4, 1, 9, 5, 3.
- Now exit this room and go to the weapons museum room. (SAVE YOUR GAME!)
- Go to the "Age of Kaine" display. Click the red light on the bottle shaped object then on the cylindrical object. Take the thaddium and put it in the bottle. Close and take the bottle.
- Exit the room and go out the door where the old soldier talked to you. Get into the tank, open the lid of the purple canister, place your bottle inside and close the lid.
- Click on the control pad and enter the code from the billiard balls (7, 4, 1, 9, 5, 3).
- Click on the joystick. The tank will drive to a cave opening.
- Now go to the large machine in the room and enter the earth symbol by first clicking on the corresponding area to the right and them on the main display. (1st plate to top right display corner, 2nd plate to top left, 3rd plate to bottom left, fourth plate to bottom right).
- Pull the lever and take the mold. (SAVE YOUR GAME)
- Now go through the door and pull the lever down.
- Click on the control unit to the right and them on the large red button.
- Press the first six buttons (from top to bottom - the first two columns of buttons). This should set the ideal temperature.
- Go to the large machine in this room and insert your mold. Now press the "arm" button and then the "fan" button. Click on the metal.
- Click the symbol into place on the dial, click the center to see a video clip and then click the alchemist.
- Go back to the planetarium and set the control to the 3 o'clock position.
- Go inside and walk to your left. Go into the file room and read all available files. Click on the flashlight to watch a video clip.
- Go into the room with the mounted heads.
- Take the safe from the reach in freezer.
- Go to the x-ray machine and place the safe into the machine's opening. Pull the lever and look at the safe. You will see the numbers "___18-20" and a key. Turn off the machine and exit the room (you my leave the safe where it is)
- Go to the elevator, close the door and press the "B" button. Now open the door and exit.
- This is the morgue. You must find a corpse with an attached head in one of the available drawers.
- As you walk in the room the corpse should be on the left side, four rows from the end in the second from the top drawer (I think!).
- Take the body and drop it into the machine in this room. Go to the controls and pull the levers in order.
- Retrieve the head from the bowl.
- Go to the elevator and back up to the first floor.
- Go into the room with the heads and place the one you're carrying on the available spike. Press the button to get information. Make note of the numbers he tells you. They are 36-24-36.
- Go back to the machine with the safe. Click on the close up of the safe to get a different perspective which will allow you to turn the dial.
- Enter the code which the head gave you plus the 20-18 which you saw under the x-ray. The full code is 36-24-26-20-18.
- Take the bucket from the safe and place it in the arm of the other machine in this room.
- Retrieve the key from the liquid.
- Exit and go to the elevator. Close the door and insert your key into the 20th floor slot. Go to the 20th floor.
- Note that there is one open and one closed door on this floor. Remember their proximity to one another.
- Go through the open door and explore the contents (do not touch the chair yet). You will see a video clip when you click on the needle on the gurney.
- tray walking towards the door by the chair. You will be greeted by a crazed doctor.
- SAVE YOUR GAME
- Sit down in the chair. You will get buzzed.
- Quickly exit this room and enter the room with the closed door in the hallway (you must be buzzed to enter).
- Go up and explore this room carefully. Take the ax from the display case box. There is a small model of the asylum in a display case. Click on the base of this model so that an opening appears in the roof.
- Walk though the door. Walk around this circular room until you get to the display with the hand and forearm.
- Break the glass with the ax and take the arm. (SAVE YOUR GAME)
- Use the hand to press the buttons on the short-circuiting control pad.
- Go up the ladder. If the ladder is not fully extended (you can not reach it) go back and press the model's base again.
- Click on the tub and fill it with water. Once filled, drain the water by pulling the lever. This allows the batteries to operate.
- Now go to the large machine with the glass sphere.
- The oxygen lever should be to the left and the hydrogen lever to the right. Give it a blast of helium and pull the lever.
- Now put the oxygen lever to the right and pull the lever. (SAVE YOUR GAME)
- Give it some helium and take your metal.
- Do not drink from the cup.
- Click on the ring
- Go into the middle of the courtyard and turn off the flowing water by clicking on the right horn of each fountain.
- Now click the ring on the centerpiece of the fountain.
- Go through the passage and enter the room
- Click on the casket with your ring and then again after the movie clip. You should now have a gold and silver ring.
- Put the rings in the dragon's dish and click on his triangle.
- Take the metal and place it in the elephant's dish. Click on his triangle.
- Now place the metal in the snake's dish. Click on his triangle.
- Now take the metal and place it in the beast's dish
- Go stand in front of the elephant figure (so that your back is to him) and raise tour cursor. There will be a small earthquake and a wand will appear. Take the wand and place it in the beast's hand.
- Take the metal.
- Now click over the edge of the walkway to where the alchemists are.
- Click your metal on the spirit.
- You are now outside. Exit through the gate, turn around and click on the picture to end the game. Congratulations!
Thanks for passing by! Visitors so far: 000063